If you’re on a low budget and you want a printer for home use, then inkjet printers are highly recommended for several reasons. These printers are extremely affordable and provide excellent value for money. For a price of less than Rs 5000, you get an option to print, scan and copy. You can also take colour printouts.
When it comes to popular and reliable printer brands, we recommend HP or Canon in this price range. The HP printer is a little costlier and doesn’t come with wireless printing, but its cartridges cost less. In other words, printing on the HP printer is cheaper.
Check out two of the best Inkjet printers available in India for a price of less than Rs 5000. We have included links to reliable shopping sites like Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal on this page itself. The links are right below the product image.
1. HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2135 Printer (All In One) – Rs 3700
- The printer can get a little noisy.
- Not meant for office use. If you take a lot of printouts, you should buy a laser printer.
2. Canon Pixma E460 Wireless Inkjet Printer (All In One) – Rs 3000
- The cost per print is a little more expensive with Canon as compared to HP. You can prints upto 400 pages and the cartridges are expensive. Black and white costs about Rs 500 and colour cartridges can cost between Rs 950 – Rs 1500
- Setting up the wifi wasn’t very easy. You will have to connect the printer to the router first and incase you don’t a router at home, you need to purchase one. You can’t directly connect the printer to a wireless device like a tablet.
|Canon Pixma E460 Wireless Print||HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2135 All-in-One Printer|
|Type||Inkjet Printer||Inkjet Printer|
|Functionality||Copy, Scan, Print||Print, copy, scan|
|Print Output||Black and white, Colour||Black and White, Colour|
|Maximum Resolution||4800 x 600 dpi||4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Scan Resolution||25 x 19200 dpi||Up to 1200 dpi|
|Optical Resolution||600 x 2400 dpi||600 x 300 dpi|
|Maximum Scan Area||216 x 297mm||216 x 297 mm|
|Paper Size||A4, A5, B5, DL(110x220mm)||A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL|
|Rated Voltage||100-240 V||100-240 V|
|Rated Frequency||60 hertz||60 hertz|
|Dimensions||426 x 306 x 145 mm||425 x 304 x 149 mm|
|Weight||3.5 kg||3.42 Kg|