If you’re looking for a smartphone between Rs 26000 – Rs 30000 with the best features and specifications, you have come to the right place. Choosing a phone at this price range can be tricky because almost all phones are equally good. So it all comes down to the brand value (i.e whether you prefer established brands like Samsung, Sony and HTC or Chinese brands like Xiaomi and Huawei) nearby service centres in your city and also smartphones that do most things right – i.e good camera, less heat, smooth user interface and as few bugs as possible!
Here is our list of Best Mobile phones under 30000 rupees.
1. Honor 8 Pro 6GB RAM 128GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 23000
- Display: Honor 8 Pro comes in a huge 5.7 inch screen with QDHD screen, display is one of the best in this price segment. It comes with corning gorilla glass3 protection. This IPS LDC display has got the best viewing angels. The only drawback would be the sunlight legibility, the screen cannot be seen clearly under direct sunlight.
- Build Quality: The phone feels very premium and stylish. Even though it sports a huge display and a big battery. The phone feels very sleek and light. The back comes in a metallic body with curved edges which makes it easy to hold.
- Fingerprint Sensor : The fingerprint sensor is present on the back, it is super fast, can unlock the phone within seconds.
- Processor : The phone runs on HiSilicon Kirin 960 with 6GB RAM, the phone feels pretty fast and snappy. The apps get loaded within seconds. There is no lag even with heavy usage. Even the gaming performance with Mali-G71 MP8 is good, any heavy games with maximum setting can be played with ease.
- Software: Runs on the latest Android Nougat 7.0 with EMUI 5.1.
- Dual Sim: Comes in a hybrid type, since it comes with 128GB storage you wouldn’t need the Micro SD card. you can easily use it as a dual sim phone
- Speaker: The single speaker which is placed at the bottom is loud enough to watch movies or listen to music, unlike its previous phones , Huawei has improve it’s speakers.
- Camera: Sports a dual rear camera with 12 MP, f/2.2, it also comes with dual tone flash, the pictures taken on the phone come out really good, Although it doesn’t come with optical image stabilisation, the pictures taken come out good. The videos do come out a bit shaky. The front camera takes good selfies too.
- Battery : The phone comes in a huge 4000 mAh battery that lasts for more than a day with heavy usage. Battery wise it is much better than OnePlus 5. It also supports quick charging which can charge the phone with less than 90 minutes.
- Features: Supports IR blaster that can operate your TV and AC and also supports NFC which helps to transfer the files with just the touch of the other device.
- Storage: 16GB internal memory with 128GB expandable memory slot
- Pricing: At 29000 you can’t get a better phone then this.
- Optical Image Stabilisation: Doesn’t come with optical image stabilisation which makes the video come out a bit shaky.
- Indoor Pictures: The pictures taken in indoor lighting condition come out very average.
2. Oneplus 5 64GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 30000
- Display: OnePlus 5 hasn’t changed much with its display size, it still sports a 5.5 inch Full HD display with Gorilla glass 5 protection. The quality wise its top notch, its bright and sharp with accurate colours and very good sunlight legibility as well.
- Build Quality: OnePlus 5 looks very similar to iPhone 7 Plus, the back camera is placed at the side just like iPhone 7 Plus. The round curved edges feels good to hold in hand. Still sports the metallic build similar to that of its predecessor.
- Fingerprint sensor: The fingerprint is very fast that compared to any android phone, works effectively fast, can unlock your phone with seconds.
- Processor: It runs on the latest snapdragon 835 chipset with 6 GB RAM, Performance wise its very snappy and fast, can load the apps within seconds. Doesn’t hang up with heavy usage.
- Software: Runs on the latest Android Nougat 7 with oxygen OS.
- Gaming Performance : The phone comes with Adreno 540, heavy games can be played with ease. Doesn’t heat up even after heavy gaming.
- Dual Sim: Its a proper dual sim phone with no micro SD card slot.
- Speaker: The speakers are present at the bottom of the phone, its a single speaker device. The sound is loud and clear. One of the best single speaker phones.
- Camera: The rear comes with dual camera with 16MP and 20 MP respectively, the front comes with 16MP. The pictures taken are very good both in indoor and outdoor. However it doesn’t come with optical image stabilisation. So the videos taken comes out a bit shaky
- Storage: Comes with only 64GB internal storage, doesn’t have a micro SD card slot.
- Battery : The 3300 mAh battery can easily for a day with heavy usage. One more advantage about this phone is the dash charger that can charger your phone 0 to 100% in less than 75 minutes.
- Price : A bit pricey, At Rs 32000 it is a bit pricey, the 128 GB version with 8 GB RAM is priced at Rs 38000 which is expensive as well.
- SD Card: Doesn’t come with Micro SD card slot
- Video Quality: The videos tend to come out a bit shaky due to the absence of optical image stabilisation.
3. Moto Z2 Play 64GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 28000
- Display : Comes with 5.5 inch full HD display with corning gorilla glass 3 protection, display quality is good and sharp.
- Build Quality : Moto Z2 Play features a metallic back with the curved edges which makes it easier to hold. However the phone tends to be a bit slippery and the camera seems to be protruding from the back which might be a problem for few.
- Fingerprint Sensor : The fingerprint is present at the front same as the home button. It is as fast as OnePlus 5, unlocks the phone within seconds. It not only unlocks but locks the phone as well. So you need not reach the power button every time.
- Processor : The phone runs on Snapdragon 626 chipset with 4GB RAM, the performance is fast and snappy, even the gaming performance is good with Adreno 506. There is no heating issue even with intensive gaming.
- Software: The phone comes with the latest Android Nougat with stock android.
- Camera : The rear camera comes with 12MP and 5 MP front, both take good pictures indoor and outdoor. Comes with dual tone flash both front and back.
- Dual Sim: It’s a proper dual sim phone with dedicated micro SD card slot.
- Storage: Comes with 64GB internal storage and expandable storage upto 256 GB.
- Battery : The 3000 mAh battery lasts for a day with heavy usage, also comes with fast charger that can charge the phone within 90 minutes.
- Speaker : The speakers are average
- Price: A bit expensive for a phone with features like this.
- Mods: The best feature about this phone is you can buy the mods and attach it to this. But it is very expensive the cheapest one i.e the JBL speaker costs about Rs 5000.
4. OnePlus 3T 64GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 27000
- Build Quality: One of the sleekest and best looking phone under Rs 30000, The back looks very premium with metal build. Even though it is a 5.5 inch phone, the OnePlus 3T fits perfectly in the hand.
- Display: The 5.5 inch screen with AMOLED display is truly an eye catcher, the colour reproduction is stunning. Although the brightness of the screen could have been a little higher, especially in bright sunlight. We think it’s the second best display in the market today – after the Samsung Galaxy S7 series of phones.
- Fingerprint sensor: The fingerprint sensor is placed in the front of the phone, this button also acts as the home button. The fingerprint sensor is quick and one of the fastest finger print scanners in the market today. It also has the ‘always-on’ feature so even when the phone is ‘sleeping’ you can use the fingerprint scanner to unlock it.
- Feature: The notification slider on the left is also one of the best features in the phone, it allows you to switch between all notifications, priority notifications and do not disturb (silent).
- Speakers: Speakers are placed at the bottom of the phone and the sound is clear and audible enough.
- Software : The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Oxygen OS user interface. This lets you to customise on gestures like if you draw a O on the screen the camera app opens and double tap on the screen to wake up the phone.
- Processor: The OnePlus 3 comes with the Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 graphics and performance-wise the phone is top-notch. It’s comparable or probably even better than the OnePlus 3 when it comes to smoothness of the interface, giving you a completely lagfree experience. The 6GB RAM out of which 4.3 GB is available is probably an over-kill. You don’t see 6GB of RAM, but for those who like using their devices for 2-3 years, the OnePlus 3T is future-proof. You should get lag free performance even with future Android updates. Gaming wise, it can play any games you throw at it. High end games can be played without any loss of frame rates. There is no major heating issue either.
- Battery: The phone comes with a 3300 mAh battery. In today’s times, when a lot of people look at the ‘sleekness’ of phones, OnePlus opted to make their third phone as sleek as they possibly could. The phone battery lasted for a day with moderate usage. However it does come with a dash charger meaning it charges relatively fast without heating the phone. You can charge your phone from 0 to 100% in less than 75 minutes (1 hour 15 minutes).
- Camera: OnePlus has packed the phone with a good camera too. The pictures come out good in outdoor conditions. The colours are accurate and we quite liked the white balance in photos too. In low lighting condition, the photos are still good, but could have been better.
- Storage: 64GB internal storage is more than sufficient to store files.
- Feature: Supports NFC and USB on to go.
- Micro SD Card: Doesn’t come with MicroSD card
- Availability: Only available on Amazon.in, you cannot buy in any retail shop or other e-commerce websites.
- Battery: Non removable battery (it’s not a big deal anymore)
5. Samsung C7 Pro 64GB (Dual Sim) -Rs 22,500
- Display: It sports a 5.7 inch super AMOLED Full HD display with 386 ppi, quality wise there is no comparison with other phones. Since it is a super AMOLED display the colours are top notch. The viewing angles are also good.
- Build Quality: It comes in a full metallic body, looks very stylish and sleek, even with 5.7 inch display it doesn’t feel too uncomfortable to use.
- Fingerprint Sensor: The finger print sensor is present on the home button and it is as quick as any other phone in this category
- Processor: Runs on Snapdragon 626 with 4GB RAM, performance is mostly lag free and smooth. The gaming performance with Adreno 506 is good as well. The phone doesn’t heat up even after excessive gaming.
- Software: Runs on Android Marshmallow but might get the updates soon.
- Storage : Comes with 64GB storage and an expandable storage upto 256 GB
- Battery: The 3300 mAH battery can last for about a day with minimum usage also supports fast charger which can charge the phone from 0 to 100 percent in less than 90 minutes.
- Speaker: The phone comes in single speaker which produces good sound, you also get to adjust the bass and surrounding.
- Features: It does support NFC , but doesn’t support Samsung pay which is one of the biggest disadvantage. It also comes with screen on option which displays the time and notification, it doesn’t consume much battery.
- Sim type: It is a hybrid sim device, thats a disappointment as you won’t be able to use both sim and Micro SD card together.
- Camera: Samsung known for their cameras, turned out to a big disappointment with this phone. The optical image stabilisation is not present in the phone and hence the videos taken come out very shaky. The photos taken in indoors and outdoors come out very blurry.
[table id=134 responsive=”phone” /]