In addition to launching the Redmi Pro smartphone, Xiaomi has also launched its first ever laptop – the Mi Notebook Air.
Both the name and the design is heavily inspired from Apple’s Macbook Air. The Mi Air will be available in two variants: 12.5 inch and 13.3 inch. The laptop will go on sale in China, but there is no news of whether it will come to India or any other country.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air features
- Metal Body design
- 12.5 inch or 13.3 inch display with Full HD resolution
- The 12.5 inch laptop weighs around 1.07 kilos, while the 13.3 inch version is a little more heavier at 1.28 kgs.
- The laptop will run on the Windows 10 operating system.
- The 12.5 inch variant comes with Intel Core M3 processor with 4GB of DDR4 RAM and 128GB SATA SSD with expandable SSD slot.
- The 13.3 inch variant comes with Intel Core i5 sixth generation processor, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX GPU, 8GB of DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD with expandable SSD slot.
- Back-lit keyboard
- 1 HDMI port
- 1 USB 3.0 in 12.5 inch variant and 2 USB 3.0 port in 13.3 inch variant
- USB Type-C port for charging
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dual speakers with support for Dolby surround sound
- Xiaomi promises upto 11 hours on the 12.5 inch model and 9.5 hours of battery life on the the 13.3 inch version. The company has also said the laptop can be charged in 1 hour.
Both the Xiaomi laptops can be unlocked automatically with Mi Band 2, if it is in close proximity. In addition to that, Xiaomi has launched a few sleeves and laptop skins for both the variants to enable you to personalise the device.
The 12.5-inch Mi Notebook Air is priced at 3,499 Yuan, which converts to 35,300 Indian rupees. The bigger 13.3-inch Mi Notebook Air is priced at 4,999 Yuan (Rs 50,400).