Xiaomi will be launching their brand new budget smartphone Redmi 3s tomorrow (August 3 2016). The device will feature a full metal magnesium alloy unibody design and a fingerprint scanner. The Redmi 3s is the successor of Redmi 3 which has not yet launched in India, the company’s decision to launch the upgraded version of the phone might be a surprise for few of the fans in India.
In China, Xiaomi had launched the Redmi 3s for 699 Yuan, around 7000 indian rupees for 16GB variant. The 32GB variant is priced at 899 Yuan (Rs 9000). In India, we expect the Redmi 3s to be priced Under Rs 7000 and thus replacing Xiaomi’s most popular smartphone Redmi 2 Prime.
The Redmi 3s features:
- 13MP back with LED flash and 5MP selfie camera.
- 2GB of RAM for the 16GB variant and 3GB of RAM for the 32GB variant. Also comes with expandable memory slot
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 octa-core chipset
- 5-inch HD (1280×720 pixels) display
- 16GB comes with 4000 mAh battery and 32Gb comes with 4100 mAh battery.
- Comes with finger print scanner
- Supports 4G
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 with MIUI 7.3
- Will also include fast battery charging
In this segment, the smartphone will compete against the phones like Lenovo Vibe K5 and CoolPad Note 3 Lite.