Whether it is for home use or office use, printers are essential in today’s time. Not too long ago, Laser printers were much more expensive as compared to Inkjet.
But in the last few years, even though Laser printers have become more affordable – the cost has gone up in the last 1-2 years.
Now, there is no good quality Laser Printers under 5000 rupees. But there is one available in the range of 6000 rupees.
It’s a black and white printer, which does its job well.
Below, we have picked the best laser printer that is available in India for a price of Rs 5000 – 6000.
We have tested the printer for about a couple of weeks, printing quite a lot of pages. The results were good.
Also, our second choice doesn’t come in the 5000 – 7000 range. It’s priced between 8000 – 9000. It’s a reliable choice. Check that out too.
Read the positives and negatives before you make your purchase. For your convenience, we have also put links to buy the product from Amazon.
1. Ricoh SP 111 Monochrome Jam-free Laser Printer – Rs 6000
- Stylish design and looks good
- Only used for printing and not scanning
- Easy to install
- Comes with windows driver, can easily install the drivers
- Comes with toner that can be refilled easily
- Prints 600 pages (incase you want to print more pages, you need to buy a bigger toner costing around 4000)
- The speed is decent (16 pages per minute) and the printer makes less noise
- Comes with USB chord and 2 or 3 pin which makes it easy to plug in
- The prints are clear and jam free
- Reasonable price
- Good for house use
- One year warranty
- 1 year extended warranty on Amazon costs ₹ 349
- 2 year extended warranty on Amazon costs ₹ 449
- Doesn’t print in colour.
- Doesn’t support wifi connection, you can’t expect in this price range.
- Prints only 600 pages, need to buy bigger toner incase you want to print more
- The toners are a little expensive
- Not compatible with MAC or Ubuntu
|Internal Memory||16 MB|
|Maximum Print Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi|
|Duty Cycle||10000 Pages|
|Print Speed||A4: 16 pages per minutes|
|Output Tray capacity||10 Sheets|
|Input Tray capacity||50 Sheets|
|Consumption (active)||300 W|
|Paper Size||Bypass Tray: A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Legal size|
|W x D x H||119 mm x 402 mm x 368.5 mm|
2. Brother HL-L2321D Laser Printer
If you can extend your budget a little more, there is an excellent printer available from Brothers.
It prints at double the speed and has more features. The price will be between 8000 – 9000 rupees.
You can check out the Brother HL-L2321D printer. If you can afford to spend more money, follow the link and buy that.
Laser printers have several advantages over inkjet printers:
- When it comes to printing text in black and white, laser printers are unbeatable. They are fast and efficient. The text even when using small fonts is exceptionally clear. So for printing important office documents, you should pick laser printers. Even students who print lot of text material, should opt for laser printers.
- As you print more, you save more. The ongoing long term costs of a laser printer is cheaper as compared to most other types of printers.
- Inkjet printers have an advantage as far as colour printing is concerned, because a laser printer with colour printing will cost you a lot more.
Laser Printer under 5000 Rupees – Last Updated on September 1st 2020.