Last Updated: 1st February 2016
With smartphones, tablets and laptops ruling the roost, the demand for desktop PC’s in the budget segment has gradually decreased in the last few years. Even students and corporate companies prefer laptops for its portability and convenience.
But if you do not travel much, investing on a PC for home or office would be a better idea as desktop PC’s, unlike laptops, can be easily upgraded. You could buy a PC under 20000 rupees now and a few months later add a graphics card to significantly improve its gaming performance. Desktop PC components are also cheaper compared to laptops and usually tend to offer better performance.
With a budget of around 20k – 22k, the configuration that you can buy would let you do all the basic tasks (Microsoft Office application etc) along with a bit of photo editing and low-end gaming.
We also highly recommend that you invest on a good power supply unit, which would set you back by around Rs 2,000 but it’s well worth the investment.
[table id=28 /]
Recommended upgrades if you can afford to spend some more:
- Important: Power Supply Unit (PSU): Antec BP300P or Corsair VS450 (if you plan to add a graphics card later).
- Speakers: Creative SBS A60 for Rs 800
- UPS: Champion Home & Office 800VA UPS
- Students looking to work on office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), browse internet, play games on low to medium settings.
- Office computer used for billing (Tally etc), office applications, browse internet
Not recommended for:
- DO NOT buy this configuration if you do video editing or high end gaming.
If you have any questions, please contact me. I’d be happy to help you finalise the best value-for-money configuration for your desktop PC.