Hair trimmer is an essential for most men, more so for those who grow and maintain a stubble (beard). Trimmers can also be used for other purposes like trimming underarm hair, chest, body and even privates.
But since there are so many different companies that manufacture and sell trimmers, it’s difficult to pick one if you are looking for the ‘Best Trimmer’ available in the market and have a budget of less than Rs 2000.
Features to look out for in trimmers for men:
- Washable / Waterproof blades: It’s always easier to wash the trimmer blade with water after use.
- Close shave: The 0.5mm blade setting is another important feature, if you want a close shave.
- Battery life: It can be frustrating if you’re in a hurry, want to quickly trim your beard and the battery dies on you. The longer the battery life, the better it is. Look for trimmers that last more than 30 minutes on a single use. Some trimmers can be used while charging, this is again a big advantage to have. Our No 1 pick (below) has all these features and more.
- Time it takes to charge: There are some trimmers that take a lot of time to charge (as long as 8-10 hours). But there are also others that charge quickly (1 hour).
- Accessories: Look out for trimmers that come with carry pouches and detachable heads (very useful when cleaning).
1. Philips QT4011/15 Pro Skin Advance Trimmer – Rs 1600
- Good build quality, feels light in the hand
- The blades are of excellent quality, titanium-coated over stainless steel. It does make a difference while trimming.
- The blades are washable, but the trimmer body is not waterproof.
- The cord/cordless feature is one of biggest advantage of this trimmer. This means that when the batteries are drained, you can instantly use it by connecting it to the adapter. You need not wait for it to charge fully.
- Comes with an adjustable wheel, which lets you select any setting between 0.5mm to 10mm and lock-in.
- The battery lasts for more than 90 minutes of continuous usage
- There is a light indicator to show the battery status.
- 2 Years warranty
- The detachable head can be cleaned easily
- Comes with protective storage bag along with the trimmer.
- Takes only one hour to charge.
- It’s a value for money product.
- The trimmer body is not waterproof which is not a major issue but you need to be careful while washing the blades.
2.Philips QT4005/15 Beard and Stubble Trimmer – Rs 1200
- Good build quality. Although the material used is plastic, it does look good.
- Feels easy to hold with comfortable handle
- Does a smooth job when it comes to trimming.
- The blades can be detached and washed easily.
- Good battery life: Can be used for 40 minutes continuously
- Comes with an adjustable wheel, which lets you select any setting between 0.5mm to 10mm and lock-in
- 2 years warranty
- There is an light indicator to show the battery status
- It’s value for money product
- Doesn’t make much noise
- Takes a long time to charge (8 hours)
- Doesn’t come with cord feature, this means that you cannot use it while it’s charging
- Doesn’t come with protective storage bag.
3. Panasonic ER206KK Trimmer – Rs 1800
- Plastic build, feels good to hold.
- Gives a smooth finish with wide blade
- Light weight
- Cord / cordless feature this means you can use it even while it’s charging
- The blades can be detached and washed easily
- Brush and oil is provided along with the device
- Good battery life with 50 mins of use.
- 2 year warranty
- Doesn’t make much noise while using.
- Comes with adjustable wheel, which can be adjusted according to the beard