Last Updated: 1st January 2017
Buying a new phone can be a challenge, especially when there is a wide variety of mobile phones available both in the local market and online stores in India. A lot of people want to buy phones which have almost all the necessary features and are reasonably priced too. There are many phones with good features available for less than Rs 10000 and a price range as attractive and competitive as this, ensures that the buyer is left confused.
To make your mobile phone buying decision easier, we have listed the Top 5 best mobile phones under 10000 rupees.
Quick points to remember before making your purchase:
- Since your budget is Rs 10000, we assume that you are looking for a smartphone (and not a feature phone). Apple iPhone’s are not available in this price bracket, so your only options would be smartphones powered by Google Android or Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Android is the most popular OS for mobile phones under 8000, 9000 or 10000. Microsoft has a couple of good phones in this price range, but the Google Play Store has the widest range of application and games. So pick Windows only if you use your smartphone for phone calls, text messages, Whatsapp and a few other basic tasks, otherwise go with Android.
- One of the most important decisions to make before buying a phone is the ‘Screen Size’. Smaller phones that are easier to handle with one hand are under 5 inches. If you want a large screen, we suggest that you don’t opt for phones that are larger than 5.5 inches.
- Manufacturers like Motorola, Huwaei, Asus, Xiaomi sell their phones exclusively on online stores like Flipkart. Most of their popular phones are not available in the local market. It’s safe to purchase phones online, almost all online retailers have the ‘Cash On Delivery’ option.
1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 16GB (2GB RAM,Dual Sim)- Rs 10000
- The anodised metallic build gives it a premium classy look.
- The curved design makes the phone feel good in the hand.
- 5.5 inch full HD display is crisp and bright with good viewing angles and sunlight legibility
- Fast and responsive finger print sensor
- Redmi Note 3 comes with Snapdragon 650, which is usually found in mid-end phones. The performance is excellent.
- Camera performs well in outdoor condition.
- Runs on Android Lollipop 5.1 with Xiaomi’s MIUI user interface.
- High-end games can be played without any lag and doesn’t heat up after intensive gaming.
- The best battery mobile phone under Rs 10000, the battery (4050 mAh) lasts for nearly two days of moderate usage. Should last one full day even if you’re a heavy user.
- 16 GB internal storage with expandable memory card slot upto 128 GB
- The cellular call quality was good
- Speakers are loud enough to listen to music and gaming
- Supports Gyroscope sensor, USB on to go and IR blaster, it can’ get better than this for this price.
- Light weight
- Excellent value for money
- The phone takes a long time to charge, which is expected because of the 4050 mAh battery
- Picture quality in indoor conditions is average
2. Lenovo K6 Power 32GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 10000
- Lenovo k6 Power looks similar to Redmi Note 3, however the phone comes with dual speaker that is placed at the back and also is much smaller in size compared to Redmi Note 3.
- The phone is made up of metal build which not only looks good but feels premium as well
- It sports a 5 inch display with 1080p display, the display quality is good considering the price. It is much better than Redmi 3S Prime which is priced around Rs 9000
- The fingerprint that is placed at the back is very quick and responsive. It can also lock some of the apps.
- The battery life is really good with 4000 mAh, can easily last for a day and half with normal usage. One of the best battery life phones under Rs 10000.
- 32GB internal storage and expandable MicroSD storage upto 128 GB
- Runs on snapdragon 430 processor with 2GB RAM which is blazingly fast and lag free. The gaming performance was also good, almost all the games could be played without any heating issue.
- Comes with Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Both outdoor and indoor pictures taken through this come out good. It is also one of the best camera phones under Rs 10000.
- Comes in gold, silver and dark grey colours.
- The dual dolby speakers are one of the best in terms of price and quality, however the downside is that it is placed at the back. So it might be difficult to listen to if it placed on the table.
- Great value for money
- Supports USB On to go that helps you transfer the files.
- It doesn’t come with backlit capacitive buttons
- Takes longer time to charge the phone. The charger provided in the box is not a fast charger.
- It supports dual sim with hybrid type.
- Even though it is just 5 inch phone, the phone does feel heavy while holding.
3. LeEco Le 1s Eco 32GB (Dual Sim)- Rs 10000
|Redmi Note 3||K6 Power||Le 1s Eco||Redmi 3s Prime||Moto E3 Power|
|Display Size||5.5 inch||5 inch||5.5 inch||5 inch||5 inch|
|Display Resolution||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||720 x 1280||720 x 1280|
|Panel||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD|
|Protection||No||No||Gorilla Glass 3||No||No|
|Dimensions||150 x 76 x 8.7 mm||141.9 x 70.3 x 9.3 mm||74.2x151.1x7.6 mm||139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm||143.8 x 71.6 x 9.6 mm|
|Weight||164 grams||145 grams||170 grams||144 grams||153.5 grams|
|OS||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 5.0.2 Lollipop||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow|
|CPU||Snapdragon 650||Snapdragon 430||MediaTek Helio X10||Snapdragon 430||Mediatek MT6735P|
|GPU||Adreno 510||Adreno 505||PowerVR G6200||Adreno 505||Mali-T720MP2|
|RAM||2 GB||3 GB||3 GB||3 GB||2 GB|
|Storage||16 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB||16 GB|
|MicroSD card||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB||No||Up to 128 GB||up to 32 GB|
|Back Camera||16 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||8 MP|
|Front Camera||5 MP||8 MP||5 MP||5 MP||5 MP|
|Battery||4050 mAh||4000 mAh||3000 mAh||4100 mAh||3500 mAh|
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Also note, that this page will be updated once every 15 days.