Buying a new phone can be a challenge, especially when there is a wide variety of mobile phones available both in the local market and online stores in India. A lot of people want to buy phones which have almost all the necessary features and are reasonably priced too. There are many phones with good features available for less than Rs 10000 and a price range as attractive and competitive as this, ensures that the buyer is left confused.
To make your mobile phone buying decision easier, we have listed the Top 5 best mobile phones under 10000 rupees.
Quick points to remember before making your purchase:
- Since your budget is Rs 10000, we assume that you are looking for a smartphone (and not a feature phone). Apple iPhone’s are not available in this price bracket, so your only options would be smartphones powered by Google Android or Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Android is the most popular OS for mobile phones under 8000, 9000 or 10000. Microsoft has a couple of good phones in this price range, but the Google Play Store has the widest range of application and games. So pick Windows only if you use your smartphone for phone calls, text messages, Whatsapp and a few other basic tasks, otherwise go with Android.
- One of the most important decisions to make before buying a phone is the ‘Screen Size’. Smaller phones that are easier to handle with one hand are under 5 inches. If you want a large screen, we suggest that you don’t opt for phones that are larger than 5.5 inches.
- Manufacturers like Motorola, Huwaei, Asus, Xiaomi sell their phones exclusively on online stores like Flipkart. Most of their popular phones are not available in the local market. It’s safe to purchase phones online, almost all online retailers have the ‘Cash On Delivery’ option.
1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 32GB (3GB RAM,Dual Sim)- Rs 10000
- Introduction: After the huge success of Redmi Note 3, Xiaomi launched its successor the Redmi Note 4 with 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/ 64GB internal storage. Xiaomi known for their budget phones launched this amazing looking phone for just Rs 1o000.
- Design and Build quality: Phone looks really good with metal finish and 2.5 D curved glass at the front. Not only does it feel good to hold but also looks premium.
- Display: 5.5 inch Full HD display is sharp and bright, displays good colours and contrast. It has good sunlight legibility and some protective screen that protects from scratches. However the automatic colour brightness doesn’t work sometimes and is too bright at times.
- Fingerprint scanner: Fingerprint is placed at the back which can unlock within seconds, not the quickest but definitely quick enough to unlock the phone when required.
- Software: Phone runs on Snapdragon 625 chipset with 3GB RAM, performance is pretty snappy and lag free mostly. The apps can be easily switched and there is no heating issue.It comes with Marshmallow 6.1 with MIUI user interface, the interface is simple and easy to operate. However if you are not comfortable using it , you can download the google launcher from play store and use it.
- Gaming performance: The Adreno 506 GPU can play decent games, heavy games can be played with low or medium settings. It doesn’t heat up even with intensive gaming.
- Camera: The 13MP back and 5MP front camera clicks good picture, however the video recoding is average.
- Call Quality : The call quality is also good with absolutely no call drops.
- Feature: Supports IR blaster and USB on to go to transfer files.
- Storage : Comes with 32GB internal storage which is good at this price range and 256GB expandable storage.
- Battery: 4100 mAh battery can last for more than 3 days with normal usage which is very good for a Rs 10000 smartphone. The battery life has definitely improved from it’s predecessor
- Front camera: The front camera video recording is average.
- Charging: The phone doesn’t support quick charging and takes time to charge.
- Sim: Supports Hybrid sim type, which might be a disadvantage for few.
- Speaker: The speaker output is ok.
2. Lenovo K8 Plus 32GB (3GB RAM,Dual Sim) – Rs 10000
- Build Quality: The phone comes in 2 colours : Venom black and Fine gold. Both the colours look good but the venom black looks better. The phone’s back is metal the upper part is plastic, it is not complete metal. The size is comparatively smaller then Xioami Redmi Note 4, feels great in hand.
- Display: It sports a 5.2 inch display with 1080p display (Full HD display) and curved HD glass, the display is sharp and bright. It’s a delight to watch movies with curved display.
- Fingerprint Scanner: The fingerprint that is placed at the back is very quick and responsive. It can also lock some of the apps.
- Software: Lenovo K8 Plus comes with MediaTek MTK Helio P25 Octa Core 2.5 GHz, although it doesn’t come with Snapdragon chipset, nevertheless the performance is good with 3GB RAM. It also runs on the latest Android Nougat 7.1 with stock android user interface, this feels even more better at this price range.
- Speakers: The phone comes in a Dolby atmos single speaker. The speaker is present at the bottom, most of you might mistake it for a dual speaker as it is present at the bottom, but the phone features only a single speaker, the other one is just a noise cancellation. The speakers are one of the best at this price range. The music played through this are loud and clear. One of the best feature about this phone is the dedicated music button which is present on the side of the phone, this will allow you to play music directly.
- Camera: The dual rear camera with 13MP and 5MP takes good pictures, it also comes with depth effect that takes good detailed pictures. The 8MP front takes good selfies, The Full HD video recording is good. Although it does come with front flash, the pictures taken in low light is average.
- Sim Type : Features a dual sim type and has a separate dedicated micro SD card slot. Both the sim support 4G Volte.
- Battery: The battery life is really good with 4000 mAh, can easily last for a day and half with normal usage. The phone comes with normal charger that can charge the phone within 90 minutes
- Call Quality: The call quality is good with good reception.
- Storage: 32GB internal storage and expandable MicroSD storage upto 128 GB
- Great value for money
- Feature: Supports USB On to go that helps you transfer the files.
- Backlit: It doesn’t come with backlit capacitive buttons and no notification light
- Camera : The low light photos taken are average
- Gaming Performance: The gaming performance is ok, it can play most of the games but not the best experience.
3. Xioami Redmi Y1 32GB (3GB RAM,Dual Sim)- Rs 9000
- Display: Sports a 5.5 inch HD screen, the display quality is not as good as Redmi Note 4 or Lenovo K8 Plus but it is decent enough, the viewing angles are ok. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla glass 3 which resists it from any scratches.
- Build Quality: The phone comes in a full plastic build so it doesn’t feel premium but however it does feel good to hold. The phone comes in 3 beautiful colours: Dark Grey, gold and silver.
- Fingerprint sensor: The finger print sensor is placed at the back, it is not the quickest but quick enough to unlock the phone within seconds.
- Software: It runs on 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa core processor with 3GB RAM, performance wise it’s mostly lag free and fast. Even gaming experience with Adreno 505 is not bad, can handle heavy games. The phone comes with the latest Android Nougat 7.1 with MIUI interface, the interface is to operate and performs smoothly.
- Camera: Known as the selfie camera, takes good selfies with 16MP front. But the 13MP rear camera takes average pictures which is quiet disappointing. The front camera comes with the flash and the fingerprint scanner can also be used to click pictures.
- Sim Type : Its a dual sim phone which supports 4G and comes with a dedicated micro SD slot.
- Call Quality: The call quality is really good, with no call drops and good reception.
- Feature: USB on to go that helps you transfer files from the phone and vice versa.
- Storage: Comes with 32 GB internal storage and 256 GB expandable storage.
- Battery: The 3080 mAh battery can last for a day with normal usage, for heavy users phone can last for half a day you will have to charge after that.
- Overheating: It does tend to heat up after intensive gaming
- Display : It features a 720p HD display which is disappointing, they could have used a full HD display.
- Rear Camera: The 13MP rear takes average pictures and also the low lighting pictures taken through this are average.
4. Moto E4 Plus 32GB (3GB RAM, Dual Sim) – Rs 10000
- Introduction: Moto E4 Plus looks similar to Moto G5s Plus, Moto E4 Plus comes with 2 variants 16GB and 32GB internal storage with 3GB RAM. The 16GB variant is priced at Rs 7000 and 32GB is priced at Rs 10000.
- Build Quality: Unlike Redmi Y1, this phone has a aluminium unibody with 2.5D curved display. The only disadvantage about this phone is that it weighs about 198 grams and feels quiet bulky and heavy to hold.
- Fingerprint sensor: The fingerprint is placed at the front same as the home button, its fast and quick. Can unlock the phone within seconds.
- Processor: The Mediatek MT6737 processor with 3GB RAM is good for day to day use, can handle most of the tasks but sometimes it does tend to slow down.
- Battery: The best feature about the phone, huge 5000 mAh battery that can easily last for more then 2 days. With low resolution display this phone has the best battery life in this price range. Comes with 10W rapid charger that can charge the phone within 90 minutes.
- Software: Comes in Android Nougat 7.1 with stock android, the user interface is easy to operate.
- Speakers: Speakers are loud and clear.
- Sim: It is a proper dual sim phone with a seperate micro SD card slot, bot of them support 4G
- Storage: Comes with 32 GB internal storage with expandable storage upto 128GB
- Feature: Does support IR blaster that acts as a universal remote and Supports USB on to go that can transfer files
- Display: It sports a 5.5 inch HD display which at this price range is a disappointment.
- Overheating: The phone tends to overheat while playing games
- Performance : The . phone tends to slow down after a while.
- Camera: The pictures taken through the phone are average. Both rear and front camera take ok pictures which is such a shame for this price range
5. Asus Zenfone 3S MAX 32GB (3GB RAM,Dual Sim) – Rs 9000
- Display: The phone sports a 5.2 inch HD display. Quality wise the phone produces good colours and picture quality. The sunlight legibility is decent as well. Initially this was priced at Rs 14999 which was too expensive considering the specs, after the price slash it has been priced at Rs 8999 which is decent.
- Build quality : Asus Zenfone Max 3s comes with metallic body at the back with top and bottom made up of plastic. Looks wise it looks very premium, feels good in hand and it comes in 2 colours black and gold.
- Performance and Software: The phone comes with MediaTek MT6750 chipset with 3GB RAM, it doesn’t lag with heavy usage. The Mali-T860MP2 can handle heavy games but heats up a lot after gaming.
- Fingerprint sensor: The fingerprint sensor is placed at the front which is the same as the home button, but the issue is that you need to click on it to activate the fingerprint scanner.
- Battery: The only best thing about this phone is the 5000 mAh battery, which also acts as the power bank this means you can charge other phones with this mobile by using OTG cable. The battery performance of the phone is very good, can easily last for 2 days with normal usage.
- Software: Comes with Android Nougat 7 with Zen UI, easy to operate.
- Storage: Comes with 32GB internal storage and has 2 TB expandable storage.
- Feature: Supports USB on to go that helps you transfer files.
- Camera : One of the most bad performing camera that we have tested, if you want a decent phone with a good battery life then buy this phone. Otherwise we don’t recommend you to buy this phone.
- Display : It comes with 5.2 inch HD display which is such a disappointment for this price. They could have provided with 1080p Full HD display.
- Gaming Performance : The gaming performance is average, it can handle most of the games but overall its ok.
- Dual sim: The phone supports Hybrid type sim and only one sim supports 4G LTE, the other one supports 3G.
- Overheating: The phone has some heating issue .
|Redmi Note 4||Lenovo K8 Plus||Redmi Y1||Moto E4 Plus||Zenfone 3S MAX|
|Display Size||5.5 inch||5.2 inch||5.5 inch||5.5 inch||5.2 inch|
|Display Resolution||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||720 x 1280||720 x 1280||720 x 1280|
|Panel||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD|
|Protection||No||Corning Gorilla Glass 3||Corning Gorilla Glass 3||Corning Gorilla Glass 3, oleophobic coating||No|
|Dimensions||151 x 76 x 8.5 mm||147.9 x 73.7 x 9 mm||153 x 76.2 x 7.7 mm||155 x 77.5 x 9.6 mm||149.5 x 73.7 x 8.85 mm|
|Weight||165 grams||165 grams||153 grams||198 grams||175 grams|
|OS||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 7.1.1 Nougt)||Android 7.1.2 Nougat||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||Android 7.0 Nougat|
|CPU||Snapdragon 625||Mediatek MT6757 Helio P25||Snapdragon 435||Mediatek MT6737||Mediatek MT6750|
|GPU||Adreno 506||Mali-T880 MP2||Adreno 505||Mali-T720||Mali-T860MP2|
|RAM||2 GB||3 GB||3 GB||3 GB||3 GB|
|Storage||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|MicroSD card||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB|
|Back Camera||13 MP||13 MP + 5 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP|
|Front Camera||5 MP||8 MP||16 MP||5 MP||8 MP|
|Battery||4100 mAh||4000 mAh||3080 mAh||5000 mAh||5000 mAh|
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Also note, that this page will be updated once every 15 days.