Last Updated: 1st August 2017
Buying a new phone can be a challenge, especially when there is a wide variety of mobile phones available both in the local market and online stores in India. A lot of people want to buy phones which have almost all the necessary features and are reasonably priced too. There are many phones with good features available for less than Rs 10000 and a price range as attractive and competitive as this, ensures that the buyer is left confused.
To make your mobile phone buying decision easier, we have listed the Top 5 best mobile phones under 10000 rupees.
Quick points to remember before making your purchase:
- Since your budget is Rs 10000, we assume that you are looking for a smartphone (and not a feature phone). Apple iPhone’s are not available in this price bracket, so your only options would be smartphones powered by Google Android or Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Android is the most popular OS for mobile phones under 8000, 9000 or 10000. Microsoft has a couple of good phones in this price range, but the Google Play Store has the widest range of application and games. So pick Windows only if you use your smartphone for phone calls, text messages, Whatsapp and a few other basic tasks, otherwise go with Android.
- One of the most important decisions to make before buying a phone is the ‘Screen Size’. Smaller phones that are easier to handle with one hand are under 5 inches. If you want a large screen, we suggest that you don’t opt for phones that are larger than 5.5 inches.
- Manufacturers like Motorola, Huwaei, Asus, Xiaomi sell their phones exclusively on online stores like Flipkart. Most of their popular phones are not available in the local market. It’s safe to purchase phones online, almost all online retailers have the ‘Cash On Delivery’ option.
1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 32GB (2GB RAM,Dual Sim)- Rs 10000
- Introduction: After the huge success of Redmi Note 3, Xiaomi launched its successor the Redmi Note 4 with 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/ 64GB internal storage. Xiaomi known for their budget phones launched this amazing looking phone for just Rs 1o000.
- Design and Build quality: Phone looks really good with metal finish and 2.5 D curved glass at the front. Not only does it feel good to hold but also looks premium.
- Display: 5.5 inch Full HD display is sharp and bright, displays good colours and contrast. It has good sunlight legibility and some protective screen that protects from scratches. However the colour brightness doesn’t work sometimes and is too bright at times.
- Fingerprint scanner: Fingerprint is placed at the back which can unlock within seconds, not the quickest but definitely quick enough to unlock the phone when required.
- Software: Phone runs on Snapdragon 625 chipset with 2GB RAM, performance is pretty snappy and lag free mostly. The apps can be easily switched and there is no heating issue.It comes with Marshmallow 6.1 with MIUI user interface, the interface is simple and easy to operate. However if are not comfortable using it , you can download the google launcher from play store and use it.
- Gaming performance: The Adreno 506 GPU can play decent games, the heavy games can be played with low or medium settings. It doesn’t heat up even with intensive gaming.
- Camera: The 13MP back and 5MP front clicks good picture, however the video recoding is average.
- Call Quality : The call quality is also good with absolutely no call drops.
- Feature: Supports IR blaster and USB on to go to transfer files.
- Storage : Comes with 32GB internal storage which is good at this price range and 256GB expandable storage.
- Battery: 4100 mAh battery can last for more than 3 days with normal usage which is very good for a Rs 13000 smartphone. The battery life has definitely improved from it’s predecessor
- Front camera: The front camera video recording is average.
- Charging: The phone doesn’t support quick charging and takes time to charge.
- Sim: Supports Hybrid sim type, which might be a disadvantage for few.
- Speaker: The speaker output is ok.
2. Lenovo K6 Power 32GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 10000
- Introduction: Lenovo K6 Power looks similar to Redmi Note 3, however the phone comes with dual speaker that is placed at the back and also is much smaller in size compared to Redmi Note 3. Comes in gold, silver and dark grey colours.
- Build Quality: The phone is made up of metal build which not only looks good but feels premium as well
- Display: It sports a 5 inch display with 1080p display, the display quality is good considering the price. It is much better than Redmi 3S Prime which is priced around Rs 9000
- Fingerprint Scanner: The fingerprint that is placed at the back is very quick and responsive. It can also lock some of the apps.
- Battery: The battery life is really good with 4000 mAh, can easily last for a day and half with normal usage. One of the best battery life phones under Rs 10000.
- Storage: 32GB internal storage and expandable MicroSD storage upto 128 GB
- Software: Runs on snapdragon 430 processor with 2GB RAM which is blazingly fast and lag free. The gaming performance was also good, almost all the games could be played without any heating issue. Comes with Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Camera: Both outdoor and indoor pictures taken through this come out good. It is also one of the best camera phones under Rs 10000.
- Speakers: The dual dolby speakers are one of the best in terms of price and quality, however the downside is that it is placed at the back. So it might be difficult to listen to if it placed on the table.
- Great value for money
- Feature: Supports USB On to go that helps you transfer the files.
- Backlit: It doesn’t come with backlit capacitive buttons
- Charging: Takes longer time to charge the phone. The charger provided in the box is not a fast charger.
- Sim: It supports dual sim with hybrid type.
- Heavy: Even though it is just 5 inch phone, the phone does feel heavy while holding.
3. Lenovo Vibe K5 Note (Dual Sim)- Rs 10500
- Display: Sports a 5.5 inch Full HD screen, the display quality is good with great viewing angles.
- Build Quality: Its a full metal body phone with curved edges, the phone does feel a bit slippery to hold.
- Speakers: Lenovo comes with Dolby Atmos front speakers which is placed in the front. The sound quality is very good.
- Software: The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Vibe UI, the interface is easy to operate and performs smoothly.The performance with Mediatek Helio 610 and 3GB RAM is decently fast and lag free. The phone also comes with Mali T860 GPU and gaming performance wise it performs much better than Lenovo K4 Note. Even high end games could be played without much lag. Although it does have some heating issues.
- Camera: The phone comes with 16MP back camera with autofocus that takes sharp and clear images. Even front camera takes decent pictures.
- Call Quality: The call quality is really good, with no call drops and good reception.
- Feature: USB on to go that helps you transfer files from the phone and vice versa.
- Storage: Comes with 16 GB internal storage and 256 GB expandable storage.
- Battery: Battery drains realtively faster than other phones.
- Overheating: It does tend to heat up after intensive gaming
- Sim: Comes with hybrid sim slot, this means you can either use one nano sim with micro SD card or both the sims together.
- Fingerprint scanner: Also the fingerprint is not very responsive
4. Coolpad Cool 1 Dual 32GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 11000
- Introduction: Coolpad collaborated with LE eco and made this phone “Coolpad Cool 1 Dual”, the name itself describes the best feature on the phone, the dual camera.
- Build Quality: It looks very similar to Le eco phones with full metal body and thin bezels, Overall it feels very light and stylish. The back is a bit slippery.
- Display: Comes in a 5.5 inch Full HD display, the display is sharp and perfect with the perfect colour reproduction.
- Fingerprint sensor: The fingerprint is placed at the back which is quick and responsive.
- Processor: The Snapdragon 652 processor with 3GB RAM is snappy and fast without any lagging issue. Can also handle mid to heavy games but it tends to heat up after a while.
- Camera: The dual rear camera comes with 13MP and dual flash, takes amazing pictures in low light and outdoor, can take pictures in DSLR mode which is really good. The selfies come great too.
- Battery: The 4060 mAh battery is one of the best and can easily last for a day with moderate usage but the phone doesn’t come with quick charger you will have to use alternative quick charger to charge the phone
- Software: Comes in Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Speakers: Speakers are loud and clear.
- Sim: It is a proper dual sim phone with no micro SD card slot, bot of them support 4G
- Feature: Does support IR blaster that acts as a universal remote and Supports USB on to go that can transfer files
- Storage: comes with only 32GB internal storage and thats all you get , doesn’t come with Micro SD card slot.
- Charging: Doesn’t come with fast charger, need to buy separately.
- Overheating: The phone tends to overheat while playing games
5. Coolpad Note 5 32GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 11000
- Display: The phone sports a 5.5 inch Full HD display. Quality wise the phone produces good colours and picture quality. The sunlight legibility is decent as well.
- Build quality : The phone looks good with metallic body, however the back feels slippery
- Performance and Software: The phone comes with Snapdragon 617 chipset with 4GB RAM, it doesn’t lag with heavy usage. The Adreno 405 GPU can handle heavy games but heats up a lot after gaming.
- Fingerprint sensor: The fingerprint sensor is placed at the back and is quick and fast
- Camera: The 13MP back camera takes good pictures and and the videos shot through the phone are decent.
- Battery: Battery of the phone with 4010 mAh lasts for a whole day and charges fast as well.
- Software: Comes with Android 6.0 marshmallow.
- Sim Type: The phone supports dual sim and both support 4G
- Storage: Comes with 32GB internal storage and has 128Gb expandable storage.
- Feature: Supports USB on to go that helps you transfer files.
- Speaker: Speakers are average
- Overheating: The phone has some heating issue .
|Redmi Note 3||K6 Power||Le 1s Eco||Redmi 3s Prime||Moto E3 Power|
|Display Size||5.5 inch||5 inch||5.5 inch||5 inch||5 inch|
|Display Resolution||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||720 x 1280||720 x 1280|
|Panel||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD|
|Protection||No||No||Gorilla Glass 3||No||No|
|Dimensions||150 x 76 x 8.7 mm||141.9 x 70.3 x 9.3 mm||74.2x151.1x7.6 mm||139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5 mm||143.8 x 71.6 x 9.6 mm|
|Weight||164 grams||145 grams||170 grams||144 grams||153.5 grams|
|OS||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 5.0.2 Lollipop||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow|
|CPU||Snapdragon 650||Snapdragon 430||MediaTek Helio X10||Snapdragon 430||Mediatek MT6735P|
|GPU||Adreno 510||Adreno 505||PowerVR G6200||Adreno 505||Mali-T720MP2|
|RAM||2 GB||3 GB||3 GB||3 GB||2 GB|
|Storage||16 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB||16 GB|
|MicroSD card||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB||No||Up to 128 GB||up to 32 GB|
|Back Camera||16 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||8 MP|
|Front Camera||5 MP||8 MP||5 MP||5 MP||5 MP|
|Battery||4050 mAh||4000 mAh||3000 mAh||4100 mAh||3500 mAh|
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Also note, that this page will be updated once every 15 days.