When you stretch your budget to Rs 15000, there is a huge variety of mobile phones available from every manufacturer. To pick one phone out of more than 50 worthy contenders, can be a extremely difficult. To make your buying decision easier, we do all the research for you and pick the Best 5 Mobile Phones within 15000 rupees.
Some points to keep in mind before you make your purchase:
- Most people who purchase phones with a budget of Rs 15000, plan to keep using the phone for atleast 2-3 years. Apart from build quality, it’s important that you find out if the manufacturer has a service centre in your city / town. Brands like Motorola,Samsung, Sony, LG and even Micromax have service centres across most cities. Make sure you find out before you make your purchase!
- Android is the most popular mobile operating system in this price range. We strongly recommend that you pick Android, both for apps and games. Windows is the only other alternative, as the last 3 generations of Apple iPhone’s are not available under Rs 15000. People who prefer Blackberry, stop reading and get the Blackberry Z3 from Flipkart.
1. Redmi Note 4 64GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 13000
- After the huge success of Redmi Note 3, Xiaomi launched its successor the Redmi Note 4 with 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/ 64GB internal storage. Xiaomi known for their budget phones launched this amazing looking phone for just Rs 13000.
- Phone looks really good with metal finish and 2.5 D curved glass at the front. Not only does it feel good to hold but also looks premium.
- 5.5 inch Full HD display is sharp and bright, displays good colours and contrast. It has good sunlight legibility and some protective screen that protects from scratches. However the colour brightness doesn’t work sometimes and is too bright at times.
- Fingerprint is placed at the back which can unlock within seconds, not the quickest but definitely quick enough to unlock the phone when required.
- Phone runs on Snapdragon 625 chipset with 4GB RAM, performance is pretty snappy and lag free mostly. The apps can be easily switched and there is no heating issue.
- It comes with Marshmallow 6.1 with MIUI user interface, the interface is simple and easy to operate. However if are not comfortable using it , you can download the google launcher from play store and use it.
- The Adreno 506 GPU can play decent games, the heavy games can be played with low or medium settings. It doesn’t heat up even with intensive gaming.
- The 13MP back and 5MP front clicks good picture, however the video recoding is average.
- The call quality is also good with absolutely no call drops.
- Supports IR blaster and USB on to go to transfer files.
- Comes with 64GB internal storage which is good at this price range and 256GB expandable storage.
- 4100 mAh battery can last for more than 3 days with normal usage which is very good for a Rs 13000 smartphone. The battery life has definitely improved from it’s predecessor
- The front camera video recording is average.
- The phone doesn’t support quick charging and takes time to charge.
- Supports Hybrid sim type, which might be a disadvantage for few.
- The speaker output is ok.
2. Honor 6X 32GB (Dual Sim)- Rs 13000
- Honor 6X comes with a metallic build, looks good and very well designed. Comes in 2 colours black and gold, the gold one comes with white on the front. Even though it looks very stylish, the back of the phone is very slippery and hence one might need a cover to get a grip of it.
- Huge 5.5 inch Full HD display, deeper colours and contrast. The sunlight legibility is good and can easily fit in one hand.
- The fingerprint sensor is quick and responsive which is placed at the back and you can also customise the fingerprint by scrolling up and down to get the notification bar.
- The HiSilicon Kirin 930 Processor with 3GB RAM is surprisingly fast and lagfree. It also runs on Android 6 Marshmallow with customised EMUI, the user interface is smooth to operate and doesn’t lag. Overall a fast phone with no overheating issue.
- Coming on to the main point the much talked about dual rear camera which is by far one of the best camera smartphones in this budget, The 12MP and 2MP rear camera takes excellent detailed pictures in low light and outdoor condition. The front takes good selfies and the video recording is good with Full HD and 4K. Overall if you looking for a good camera smartphone, this undoubtedly stands on the top of our list.
- 3340 mAh battery comes almost for 2 days depending on the usage. However it doesn’t support fast charging.
- The phone supports sensors like Compass and Gyroscope. Also supports FM radio and USB on to go.
- Good cellular call quality and reception.
- Reasonable price
- Hybrid Dual stand-by sim this means you can either use one micro sim or a micro SD card, you cannot use both together and also only the first sim supports 4G, the second one supports only 2G or 3G.
- Comes with Mali T830 GPU which lags while playing heavy games.
- Custom User interface might take sometime to get used to it.
- Average speakers.
- Doesn’t come with IR blaster and doesn’t support quick charging technology
3.Moto G4 Plus 32GB (Dual Sim)- Rs 14000
4. Lenovo Vibe K5 Note (Dual Sim) – Rs 13500
6. Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) 16GB (Dual Sim) – Rs 11000
|Redmi Note 4||Honor 6X||Lenovo Vibe K5 Note||Moto G4 Plus||ZUK Z1||Galaxy J5|
|Display Size||5.5 inch||5.5 inch||5.5 inch||5.5 inch||5.5 inch||5 inch|
|Display Resolution||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||1080 x 1920||720 x 1280|
|Panel||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||IPS LCD||Super AMOLED|
|Protection||_||_||_||Gorilla Glass 3||No||No|
|Dimensions||151 x 76 x 8.5 mm||150.9 x 76.2 x 8.2 mm||152 x 75.7 x 8.49 mm||153 x 76.6 x 9.8 mm||155.7 x 77.3 x 8.9 mm||142.1 x 71.8 x 7.9 mm|
|Weight||165 grams||162 grams||165 grams||155 grams||175 grams||146 grams|
|OS||Android 6.0 .1 Marshmallow||Android 6 Marshmallow||Android 6 Marshmallow||Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop||Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|CPU||Snapdragon 625||HiSilicon Kirin 655||Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10||Snapdragon 617||Snapdragon 801||Snapdragon 410|
|GPU||Adreno 506||Mali-T830MP2||Mali-T860MP2||Adreno 405||Adreno 330||Adreno 306|
|RAM||4 GB||4 GB||4 GB||3 GB||3 GB||1.5 GB|
|Storage||64 GB||64 GB||32 GB||32 GB||64 GB||16 GB|
|MicroSD card||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB||up to 128 GB||No||up to 128 GB|
|Back Camera||13 MP||Dual 12 MP + 2 MP||13 MP||16 MP||13 MP||13 MP|
|Front Camera||5 MP||8 MP||8 MP||5 MP||8 MP||5 MP|
|Battery||4100 mAh||3340 mAh||3500 mAh||3000 mAh||4100 mAh||2600 mAh|